Our interdisciplinary team here at North Okanagan Hospice Society includes RNs, RCAs, a social worker, a grief counsellor, physicians, pharmacists, support staff, administration staff, trained volunteers and practicum students. North Okanagan Hospice Society offers:
- quality, holistic care to the dying and their family in a home-like environment
- a supportive team environment where caring, integrity, cooperation, humour and excellence are valued
- a workplace where individual contributions are appreciated
- resources for continuous learning & professional development
"Hospice is where we can effectively practice every aspect of care: physical, emotional, social, spiritual and practical care." Jocelyn Adamson, RN
EDUCATION AND RESOURCE LEADER:
North Okanagan Hospice Society offers quality end-of-life care services in the North Okanagan. We are seeking an Education & Resource Leader to join our Leadership Team. This management position is 30 hours/week.
- Program planning & development for the Residential, Grief and Bereavement and Volunteer programs;
- Supports the Care Team Leader and hospice care team with the delivery of quality end-of-life care;
- Development and monitoring internal policies and procedures which support quality end-of-life care;
- Community Outreach;
- Development of education for staff and volunteers
Qualifications, Education, Skills and Experience:
- Registered Nurse with a University degree in nursing, social sciences, health sciences or education. BSN preferred. A combination of other equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- 5 years palliative care experience including pain and symptom management experience
- Experience in developing policies and procedures to align with legislative requirements
- Management and team leadership experience
- Experience in developing and delivering adult education
- Certification in Hospice Palliative Care Nursing preferred
- Demonstrated success in grant writing preferred
- Experience in research, needs analysis preferred
For a detailed position description, click HERE.
Only complete applications will be considered. Complete applications will include: resume, cover letter, copies of post-secondary certification and a 300 word essay on your philosophy of end of life care.
Application Deadline: February 2, 2018.
Send Applications to:
Ruth Edwards, Executive Director
North Okanagan Hospice Society
CASUAL RN's AND RCA's:
- View the RN posting here and follow the application instructions at the bottom of the posting.
- View the RCA posting here and follow the application instructions at the bottom of the posting.
No current job openings that match your skills and interests? If you are interested in working at NOHS please email us your resume and include a short description of your philosophy of care for those facing the end-of-life. Resumes are kept on file and reviewed as positions become available.
Please note that job applications will only be accepted by email.
Student Practicum Training
North Okanagan Hospice Society provides ongoing opportunities for post-secondary students who wish to pursue hospice palliative care practicum training with us. If you are an interested instructor, please contact us for more information about this training.