Date: March 4th Time: 03:00 pm For: Family members of a person who has died an expected death in the past 36 months, at home, in hospital...
Our expert staff and volunteers will assist you in accessing the health care system from diagnosis to end-of-life and bereavement care
About North Okanagan Hospice Society
We believe in quality of life.
Making Every Moment Count.
We support people with a palliative diagnosis, their family, and the bereaved. When medical intervention can no longer add days to life, we strive to add more life to each day.
- We operate Hospice House, a 12-bed palliative care facility in Vernon.
- We provide short-term respite care to palliative patients.
- We have trained volunteers who support residents at Hospice House.
- We offer grief and bereavement services to anyone anticipating or dealing with the loss of a significant person in their life.
- We engage, inform, educate, and support individuals with a life-limiting illness, their family, caregivers, professionals, and the community about hospice palliative care.
Programs and services are offered to citizens of the North Okanagan. Confidential referrals to NOHS may be made through Community Care Nursing, physicians, family or friends. Individuals can also self-refer.
The Society was incorporated in 1984 as a charitable organization with the purpose of supporting those with a palliative diagnosis, their loved ones and the bereaved. Initially formed as a small volunteer organization with a visiting program, the Society is currently recognized as a leader in the development and delivery of comprehensive hospice palliative care services.
Leading through innovation to provide expert compassionate care respecting individual choice.
We empower, educate and support people with a life-limiting illness including those who are affected by and caring for their loved ones.
Integrity: We act with respect, honesty and the highest moral principles
Inclusiveness: We serve all members of our community
Compassion: We care
Excellence: We deliver expert care in the way it matters to our community
Accountability: We are responsible for our actions and results