Date: March 4th Time: 03:00 pm For: Family members of a person who has died an expected death in the past 36 months, at home, in hospital...
Request support with Advanced Care Planning
Advanced Care Planning
North Okanagan Hospice Society offers Advanced Care Planning (ACP) community workshops for health care professionals, volunteers, caregivers and all residents of the North Okanagan. These focus on the Medical, emotional, legal and practical aspects of Advance Care Planning. Helping our community with workshops is very important to us.
For more information, please visit Speak Up Canada’s website for online workbooks and downloadable tools at www.advancecareplanning.ca
For ACP specific to BC please visit BC Center for Palliative Care at https://www.bc-cpc.ca/all-resources/individuals/
Or you can contact Clara Dyck, Education and Resource Leader, North Okanagan Hospice Society at [email protected].
Watch for upcoming webinars related to ACP under Community Workshops or our Events page.
- Spirituality as a Foundation for Advance Care Planning | Corey Kennard, MACM and Dr. Jessica Zitter
- My Wishes My Care: Advance Care Planning Information Session | Clara Dyck, RN, MSN, CHPCA(C)
- A Life Well Lived is a Life Well Planned | Laurel Gillespie, MBA Director, CHPCA
- Compassion Fatigue and Self Care Workshop | Laurie Denton, RN
- Go Wish Showcase and More, better and earlier conversations | Elizabeth Beddard-Huber, Kathy Kennedy
- You are Not Alone: Planning for Caregiving at Home | Dr. Carole Robinson
- What are your most important wishes? | Dr. Carole Robinson
- Caregiving at Home: A Family Caregiver Decision Guide | Dr. Carole Robinson
- Café Scientifique: What makes for quality of life when you have an advanced life-limiting illness | Dr. Carole Robinson, Dr. Barb Pesut, Dr. Richard Swatzky
- Advance Care Planning: The importance of having the difficult conversations that can make life (and death) easier | Elizabeth Causton, MSW