North Okanagan Hospice Society’s Response to COVID-19
Update: April 15, 2020
Hospice House in Vernon continues to operate at full capacity. All of our staff – the nurses, care aides, housekeepers, maintenance, counsellor, cooks, psych social support worker, administration and management – are working every day to deliver high quality end of life care for the residents of the North Okanagan.
In addition to the valuable work of providing care to the residents at Hospice House, we connect with the broader community in a number of ways.
- We participate in daily updates with our partners at Interior Health and the BC Ministry of Health.
- Clara Dyck, our Education and Resource Leader, sends words of encouragement and reassurance to our colleagues working in healthcare at the end of each long week – such a gift!
- We are staying in touch with our fellow non-profits and charities in the North Okanagan by offering our support when challenges arise and taking advantage of the incredible expertise and creativity that exists within our local non-profit world.
- We are united with our hospice partners throughout the province in sharing ideas, challenges and successes. The knowledge and support offered by our corporate partners is greatly appreciated. What a great community we live in!
Thank you to everyone who has contacted us with words of support. We are stronger together.
For other sources of information on COVID-19, visit:
- Interior Health Authority
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- BC Ministry of Health
- Public Health Agency of Canada