Advance Care Planning
NOHS offers community workshops and sessions open to health care professionals, volunteers, caregivers and all residents of the North Okanagan. Medical, emotional, legal and practical aspects of Advance Care Planning are addressed at these presentations.
WHAT ARE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT WISHES? Presented by Dr. Carole Robinson, PhD, RN School of Nursing, UBC Okanagan If your loved one becomes seriously ill or is aging, do you know what is most important to them to make this valuable time more rewarding and less stressful? Bring your partner, relative or best friend for a free two hour workshop to learn ways to start this conversation.
May 16 - 10 AM to 12 PM
Pleasant Valley Health Centre
3800 Patten Drive
May 16 - 2 PM to 4 PM
3505 - 30 Avenue
May 17 - 1 PM to 3 PM
White Valley Community Hall
Register for any of these free workshops by May 1, 2018. Call Phyllis at 250-503-1800 ext 101 or email email@example.com.
Thank you to our partners: The University of British Columbia Interior Health Authority, Lumby Health Centre and the White Valley Community Resource Centre.
- You are Not Alone: Planning for Caregiving at Home | Dr. Carole Robinson
- What are your most important wishes? | Dr. Carole Robinson
- Caregiving at Home: A Family Caregiver Decision Guide | Dr. Carole Robinson
- Café Scientifique: What makes for quality of life when you have an advanced life-limiting illness | Dr. Carole Robinson, Dr. Barb Pesut, Dr. Richard Swatzky, Debra Pool
- Advance Care Planning: The importance of having the difficult conversations that can make life (and death) easier | Elizabeth Causton, MSW