Advance Care Planning
NOHS offers community workshops and sessions open to health care professionals, volunteers, caregivers and all residents of the North Okanagan. Medical, emotional, legal and practical aspects of Advance Care Planning are addressed at these presentations.
We are pleased to offer a variety of workshops in 2018 - see the listings below:
How Can I Be Proactive in My Health Care?
Join us for information sessions about local health care options. You will have the opportunity for conversations with local health care professionals about:
- home health services
- assisted living
- residential care
- end of life care
- government funded programs
- Nav-CARE program
Sessions are free and open to the general public but space is limited.
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
10:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Okanagan Regional Library
514 Cliff Avenue
To register, contact the Enderby Library branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-838-6488.
- You are Not Alone: Planning for Caregiving at Home | Dr. Carole Robinson
- What are your most important wishes? | Dr. Carole Robinson
- Caregiving at Home: A Family Caregiver Decision Guide | Dr. Carole Robinson
- Café Scientifique: What makes for quality of life when you have an advanced life-limiting illness | Dr. Carole Robinson, Dr. Barb Pesut, Dr. Richard Swatzky, Debra Pool
- Advance Care Planning: The importance of having the difficult conversations that can make life (and death) easier | Elizabeth Causton, MSW