Grief & Bereavement
North Okanagan Hospice Society offers a range of compassionate and professional counselling services for individuals and families facing life-limiting illness, death and bereavement.
The following services are available to residents of the North Okanagan as well as Hospice House clients and families.
Support Before Death - Anticipatory Grief Services
Our Social Worker is available to support individuals and families working through grief from the time following a palliative diagnosis leading up to the death of someone significant in their life.
Support Following a Death - Bereavement Services
Our Grief and Bereavement Counsellor is available to assist individuals and families working through grief following the death of someone significant in their life.
- One-to-one grief counselling is available by appointment
- Anyone can refer counselling clients to us
- The individual one-to-one grief counselling fee is $25 and the support group spring and fall session fee is $70. If the fee is a concern, please let our Grief and Bereavement Counsellor know when inquiring about the service.
- Finding My Way: Coping with Grief group sessions are held twice annually, in the spring and fall 2018. The upcoming fall session starts October 3, 2018 and runs for 8 consecutive weeks.
- Sessions will be held in the evenings.
- The group provides a safe place for adults experiencing grief due to the death of a loved one. Participants will be introduced to the definitions of grief and mourning, discuss ways that grief affects people differently, and identify ways of getting through a time of loss and transition.
- All interested individuals will be invited to meet with the Grief and Bereavement Counsellor prior to registering for the group to determine their current needs and readiness.
For more information on this support group, call Panadda at 250-503-1800 ext 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"The grief counselling that my family has received and is receiving
has been invaluable to us to overcome our loss. Without it we
would have been truly lost."
For more information on our Grief & Bereavement Services, please contact us.